Basking Ridge is one of the beautiful four sections of the 24.5 square miles that comprise historic Bernards Township. It is conveniently nestled in the lush, verdant landscape of Somerset County and combines old-world charm, historical architecture, and acres of inspiring natural wonders with sophisticated shopping spots, a vibrant arts scene, plenty of golf and a dynamic business community with easy access to New York City, Newark Liberty International Airport, as well as other major metropolitan areas.
Basking Ridge is home to Verizon’s enormous corporate headquarters; the Lyons V.A. Medical Center, Barnes & Noble College Booksellers and adjoining golf course; an arts center in an 18th-century farmhouse.
Attractions include the highly rated school system, the wide range of housing options, and lower tax rates
To explore everything Basking Ridge, N.J. has to offer, start by visiting: http://www.bernards.org/.
- Hiking and jogging trails nearby
- Morristown's Community Theatre
- Paper Mill Playhouse
- Morristown National Historic Park /Washington's Headquarters
- Museum of Early Trades and Crafts
- Great Swamp National Wildlife Refuge
- Frelinghuysen Arboretum
- Lewis Morris County Park
- Loantaka Reserve
- The Mall at Short Hills
- Bridgewater Commons Mall
- United States Golf Association Golf Museum
- Fantastic restaurants
- Nearby beaches and lakes
- Close proximity to NYC and Philadelphia
- Basking Ridge Country Club
- United States Equestrian Federation
- TD Bank Ballpark
- 30 miles to Yogi Berri Stadium, Giants Stadium and Meadowlands
- Boating and Fishing nearby